Indice del forum

Poteri occulti

Sito per discutere di misteri italiani, massonerie, mafie, e altro.

PortalPortale  blogBlog  AlbumAlbum  Gruppi utentiGruppi utenti  Lista degli utentiLista degli utenti  GBGuestbook  Pannello UtentePannello Utente  RegistratiRegistrati 
 FlashChatFlashChat  FAQFAQ  CercaCerca  Messaggi PrivatiMessaggi Privati  StatisticheStatistiche  LinksLinks  LoginLogin 
 CalendarioCalendario  DownloadsDownloads  Commenti karmaCommenti karma  TopListTopList  Topics recentiTopics recenti  Vota ForumVota Forum

game-high 11 assists,
Utenti che stanno guardando questo topic:0 Registrati,0 Nascosti e 0 Ospiti
Utenti registrati: Nessuno

Nuovo Topic   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Articoli del Blog
PrecedenteInvia Email a un amico.Utenti che hanno visualizzato questo argomentoSalva questo topic come file txtVersione stampabileMessaggi PrivatiSuccessivo
Autore Messaggio
shushu

Quasi Esperto
Quasi Esperto

Iscritti

italy
MessaggioInviato: Lun Feb 18 2019, 06:33:41    Oggetto:  game-high 11 assists,
Descrizione: game-high 11 assists,

TORONTO - The Toronto Blue Jays had to send Canadian third baseman Brett Lawrie south of the border to move their team forward.Lawrie, from Langley, B.C., was traded from Toronto to the Oakland Athletics on Friday for all-star third baseman Josh Donaldson. Shortstop Franklin Barreto as well as pitchers Sean Nolin and Kendall Graveman were also sent to Oakland as part of the deal.Blue Jays general manager Alex Anthopoulos said it was very difficult to trade the 24-year-old Lawrie, who hit .247 with nine doubles, 12 home runs and 38 runs batted in through 70 games last season. He hit .265 with 61 doubles, 43 home runs and 157 RBIs over four years with Toronto.You get attached to these guys, said Anthopoulos. Obviously, Bretts been here a while and hes still so young and you love the way he plays, the energy he brings. I talked to him on the phone and it was a hard conversation. Rightfully so, he was a Toronto Blue Jay through and through. Tough to see him go.We would have loved to have kept him. We tried. But I dont think this deal was getting done without Brett.Athletics GM Billy Beane confirmed in a separate conference call that the deal would not have proceeded without the inclusion of Lawrie and all three prospects.We wouldnt have done the deal unless it addressed now and the future and they were able to do that. This deal in our minds addresses a little bit of everything, said Beane. It got pretty serious the last 48 hours. They were reluctant to give up all four players and we werent going to do it without those four players in the deal.The 28-year-old Donaldson finished eighth in AL MVP voting this year after hitting .255 for Oakland with 29 home runs and 98 RBIs. A right-handed hitter, Donaldson had a .342 on-base percentage while finishing sixth in the American League with 76 walks. He has a career batting average of .268 with 63 home runs and 228 RBIs and a .347 on-base percentage in 405 games.Anthopoulos also pointed to Donaldsons intangibles and how he would mesh with the rest of the Blue Jays batting order as factors in the deal.Hes a very good defensive player. Gamer, hard-nosed, durable, if you look at his games played the last two years. An intense guy, wants to win, said Anthopoulos. A guy that can hit in the middle of our order. Hes going to fit well with (Edwin) Encarnacion and (Jose) Bautista.I dont know how (manager) John Gibbons will set the lineup up, but I expect those guys to be somewhere in the middle. Hell just kind of solidify things in the middle of our order.Lawrie struggled with injuries throughout his time in Toronto, including breaking his hand this past season when he was hit by a pitch. He also ended the 2014 season on the Blue Jays 60-day disabled list with an oblique strain. Anthopoulos was quick to point out that many of Lawries injuries were accidental and that they played no role in Torontos decision to trade him.Put the obliques aside, but some of the injuries have been freak. Getting hit in the hand, those are some freak injuries. Guys throw and you break your hand, said Anthopoulos. No, (the injuries) didnt come into play. We really liked Donaldson. We wanted to get him. Those were the players that they needed, those were the players that they wanted.Ultimately, as much as you dont want to part with those guys, youre going to have to give up some pretty good players to get a guy like Donaldson.Nolin, 24, spent most of the 2014 season with triple-A Buffalo where he posted a 4-6 record with a 3.50 earned-run average in 17 starts. The left-hander appeared in one game for Toronto in both the 2013 and 2014 seasons, posting a 0-1 record and a 27.00 ERA.Graveman had a 14-6 record and a 1.83 ERA in 27 starts with four of the Blue Jays minor league affiliates, working his way up from single-A to Buffalo. The 23-year-old right-handed pitcher was 0-0 with a 3.86 ERA in five relief appearances for Toronto last season.The 18-year-old Barreto hit .311 last season for the single-A Vancouver Canadians with 23 doubles, six home runs and 61 RBIs in 73 games. In his two minor league seasons Barreto has hit .296 with 10 home runs and 61 RBIs.One of the hardest things about our game, saying goodbye to a great person, amazing teammate and friend! You will be missed! @blawrie13, said Bautisa from his verified Twitter account in a message that was retweeted by Lawrie.In contrast, we also get to welcome a new member to our squad!! Come on @BringerOfRain20 lets get those leg kicks going!! added Bautista in a second tweet, referring to Donaldsons Twitter account.Anthopoulos applauded Lawries professionalism in taking the news of being traded.He was surprised, but he was outstanding and he understood. Sad to see him go, said Anthopoulos. I told him that the organization, everyone really appreciated the way he plays, everything he did while he was here. I think he really wanted to be part of this.Brett was all about the Toronto Blue Jays and doing whatever he could to help us.___With files from The Associated PressFollow @jchidleyhill on Twitter
. Villarreals victory in Valencia kept it in fourth place and in control of Spains last Champions League spot. Uche broke free in the area in the 10th minute and was brought down by goalkeeper Keylor Navas, who was shown a direct red card.
. Woods said Friday that his charity event, which attracts a world-class field even without being part of any tour, will move in December 2014 to Isleworth, the course where he honed his professional game from 1996 until moving away to south Florida two years ago.
. Monta Ellis had 30 points and nine assists, Nowitzki was another of seven Dallas players in double figures with 11 points and the Mavericks beat the Los Angeles Lakers 123-104 Tuesday night.
. Two weeks after suffering a concussion, Foles will start in place of Michael Vick, who is out for the second time this season with a hamstring injury.
. Kamloops, B.C., the host city of this years Tim Hortons Brier, is where he won his first Canadian mens curling crown in 1996.ATLANTA - The Atlanta Hawks are doing what coach Mike Budenholzer expects of them defensively, and the effort is paying off.That much was evident all night as the Hawks never trailed.We were getting stops, we were getting out and were able to run, Budenholzer said. We got some easy baskets and some good looks. It started with our defence in the first quarter.Paul Millsap and Al Horford each scored 19 points to help the Atlanta Hawks get their fourth straight win, beating the Miami Heat 114-103 Friday night.With star guard Dwyane Wade hobbled by a strained left hamstring and unable to play, the Heat were down by 19 late in the fourth quarter.Eight players, including all five starters, scored in double figures for Atlanta.Mario Chalmers finished with 23 points and a game-high 11 assists, Shawne Williams scored 21 points and Chris Bosh 20 as Miami lost its second straight.Bosh is trying to avoid feeling despondent over the Heats defensive struggles. He indicated theres been a breakdown in communication on the floor.I guess its a process, Bosh said. Thats what I keep telling myself to keep myself sane, but eventually were going to have to turn the corner.Teague had 16 points and nine assists for Atlanta. Kyle Korver, Thabo Sefolosha and Shelvin Mack each added 12 points, Mike Scott scored 11 and Dennis Schroder 10.Luol Deng hit a 3 for Miami to make it a four-point game late in the third, but the Heat trailing by 112 midway through the fourth, Chalmers and Udonis Haslem were called for technical fouls on consecutive plays.ddddddddddddThe Hawks scored seven points on their next two possessions to make it 104-85.We kept our focus down the stretch, Millsap said. Dennis was in the game at the time, and I think he did an excellent job tonight controlling the tempo. Thats what we need.The Heat missed nine of their first 12 shots to begin the game and trailed by 15 late in the first on Macks 3.While I understand we cut the lead and everything, Bosh said, I dont know who were kidding if were going to play defence like that and then expect to stop them. We have no weak-side defence.___TIP-INSHeat: Wade played in Miamis first eight games this season, averaging 19.8 points, 6.4 assists and 3.5 rebounds. The 10-time All-Star was injured in Wednesdays home loss to Indiana. He sat on the bench in a coat and tie. ... James Ennis started in Wades spot, scoring one point in 6 minutes.Hawks: F DeMarre Carroll, who averaged 12 points in Atlantas first six games, missed his second straight game with a strained groin. Sefolosha started in his spot. ... General manager Danny Ferry, still serving an indefinite suspension for making racially charged remarks last summer about Deng before the start of free agency, was not in attendance as Deng scored 19 points.UP NEXTHeat: Host Milwaukee on Sunday.Hawks: At Cleveland on Saturday.
' ' '
Torna in cima
Profilo Messaggio privato
Adv

MessaggioInviato: Lun Feb 18 2019, 06:33:41    Oggetto: Adv

Torna in cima
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Articoli del Blog Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT + 1 ora
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: